Jackel's Philosophy of Simple
- Simplicity is about shortening the distance between Company and Customer. It all starts with understanding the circumstances and needs of others.
- To make something simple, you must care enough to consider people's circumstances, needs, and expectations - and then respond to them.
- Think about why many customers experiences come up short; it's because customers are not getting what they expect or what they need from a product, service or interaction with a company.
- It's about helping business to get in touch with the reality of people's situations and needs. Countless products, instructions, and services are made unnecessarily difficult because real-world considerations were overlooked.
- Technology can do amazing things, but often when a human being has a particular question or a problem, the simplest and most satisfying way to resolve it is usually person to person.
- Jackel has a long history of user-friendly product designs. This approach will continue for all future products; the common denominator in all of them will be ease of use and simplicity of design.